Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"The future you see is the future you get"

     As I bring my first semester of college to a close and begin the headache of planning a Spring schedule, the goals and accomplishments I have reached are at the forefront of my mind. I often find myself asking, "Is this really my life?" and "Could this get any better?" I truly have been blessed with so many great things in the past year, but the best realization of all, was when I realized that I had made all of these great things happen. I set my goals and didn't settle for anything less. 
    I have been busier than ever trying to find the balance between school work, community service, my wonderful title, and social time, however I have not yet forgotten the order of importance of this things. I am loading up my schedule with classes and extra curriculars that will set me on my way towards a career as an entertainment broadcast journalist while living in a major city. This has been a dream of mine all through high school and I have often heard that my dreams are unreachable. At times I have begun to believe this, and then I remember that there is no such thing as an unattainable dream. 
If someone would have told me two years ago that I would be attending my dream school AND holding a national title, I almost certainly would have laughed in their face. At one point, the life that I am living now was merely an "unattainable" dream. Luckily, in the past year I have realized that those type of dreams simply do not exist. As children we are told that we can be anything we want to be, however at 18 years old I have a mind filled with thoughts that so many things are "impossible". I want my nieces, nephews, future children, and future grandchildren to believe that they can be anything they want to be at age 5,12,17, 22, 46, and so on and so forth. I want them to be raised to wish for the worlds largest dreams, and also be raised with the drive and determination to achieve them. Our future is in no one else's control except our own! Go out and make your changes to the world. Whether it is for your dreams or for someone else's. Whether it is community service for your dreams of being Miss Teen CAPTIVATING someday, or your dream of being the president of the United States, take action for your future.

Happy Election Day, and God Bless!

Miss Teen CAPTIVATING 
Kayce Patton


No comments:

Post a Comment